Friday, May 26, 2006

HTML

Hypertext Markup Language as it is formally called, I had read about Hypertext in Byte Magazine and I said to myself what a cool way to organize a paper or an article where clicking on a hyperlink would bring you to a detailed discussion of that word or phrase that was linked. So, I was not totally ignorant about it altogether. When the Internet started to gain momentum I started seeing books on HTML starting to pop up in the bookstores along with the other Markup Languages like XHTML, DHTML, XML, VRML, RHTML and others. I thought this is good, there's so many sources of information. So I bought the thickest book on HTML.I figured this has got to be the granddaddy of them all. I scanned through the pages and it seemed easy but it entailed a lot of memorizing of terms and keywords that signified precise meanings.

I did not really plan to have a website right away so I was just taking it easy about learning HTML. I also read about Javascript and how it gave websites a way to be dynamic and interactive and this was more exciting news. although I had no inkling at the time that I would be in some trouble since it turned out that I did not really care for Java and Javascript. From surfing for tools in the Internet I ran acros PHP and how it has grown from a simple tool to a full-blown scripting language for programmatically getthing things done like working with a database. At this time I had not heard abot blogs and blogging. That fun was for the future.

Check out this site, where my blogs congregate.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

2:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

3
Cingular Phones
Las Vegas Condos